Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves

Blood Rose Rebellion

Author: Rosalyn Eves

Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

Published: March 2017

ISBN13: 9781101935996

Hardcover: 416 pages

FTC FYI: I received an ARC from the author. All views and opinions expressed are my own.

Goodreads Summary

Sixteen-year-old Anna Arden is barred from society by a defect of blood. Though her family is part of the Luminate, powerful users of magic, she is Barren, unable to perform the simplest spells. Anna would do anything to belong. But her fate takes another course when, after inadvertently breaking her sister’s debutante spell—an important chance for a highborn young woman to show her prowess with magic—Anna finds herself exiled to her family’s once powerful but now crumbling native Hungary.

Her life might well be over.

In Hungary, Anna discovers that nothing is quite as it seems. Not the people around her, from her aloof cousin Noémi to the fierce and handsome Romani Gábor. Not the society she’s known all her life, for discontent with the Luminate is sweeping the land. And not her lack of magic. Isolated from the only world she cares about, Anna still can’t seem to stop herself from breaking spells.

As rebellion spreads across the region, Anna’s unique ability becomes the catalyst everyone is seeking. In the company of nobles, revolutionaries, and Romanies, Anna must choose: deny her unique power and cling to the life she’s always wanted, or embrace her ability and change that world forever.
 

My Review

Rosalyn Eves has created a beautiful and mystical world.  Blood Rose Rebellion is wonderfully written with creative magic and amazing characters.  Anna was hard to like for me at first, I thought her spoiled and selfish, but that didn't last long.  I felt sorry for her and even though she longed to be in a society that turned her away, I was thrilled with the course she pursued.  I loved Grandmama and Gabor.  Noemi turned to a be wonderful surprise too.  So many enchanting characters.  The monsters were scary but also fascinating.  I loved where Rosalyn took the story.  There were a lot of twists I wasn't excepting and my heart broke at many scenes.  The Hungarian setting was a character itself, and I was excited to learn that a couple characters were based off real people.  

5 out of stars.  I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.

Author Links

Website / Twitter

Purchase Links

Amazon / Barnes and Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment