Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Stealing Liberty by Jennifer Froelich

Stealing Liberty

Author: Jennifer Froelich

Publisher: Clean Reads

Published: June 13, 2017

ISBN13: 9781621356677

ebook/Paperback

FTC FYI: I received a PDF copy from the author, all views and opinions expressed are my own.

Goodreads Summary

When Reed Paine is sent to a secret detention school for teens whose parents are branded enemies of the state, he doesn’t expect to find friendship – especially after coming face to face with Riley Paca, a girl who has every reason to hate him.


But when Reed, Riley and a few others start reading the old books they find in tunnels under the school, they begin to question what they are taught about the last days of America and the government that has risen in its place.


Then the government decides to sell the Liberty Bell and Reed and his friends risk everything to steal it – to take back their history and the liberty that has been stolen from them.
 


My Review

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were engaging and written well.  The author does a great job with this fascinating dystopian setting, where there is no longer an America and kids with rebellious parents are sent to a "reconditioning camp".  Forced into hard labor and if you mess up too much, they are shipped to the front lines of war, or killed.  Director Kino was as evil as they come.  I thought the kids were well written.  At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about all the POV changes, but then I started to enjoy them, it was a great way to know the characters and what they were truly going through emotionally and physically.  Reed, Riley, Xoey, Sam all of the characters are believable and true to themselves.  There were parts of the book that I felt were slow and I wanted situations to progress quicker, but I enjoyed what the kids discover and the plots they unravel. 

4 out of 5 stars. 

Author Links

Website / Goodreads / Twitter

Purchase Links

Amazon ebook / Amazon paperback

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

1 comment: